I am a firm believer that inside every human lies an innate ability to be nosey; That isn’t always a bad thing. I mean, we can’t help it if we find other people and their lives interesting.
Personally, I know that I am a big fan of when bloggers “facts” posts. So, I thought that I would make my own “25 Facts About Me” in the hopes that my readers find me interesting (Spoiler alert: I am not that interesting).
25 Facts About Me:
- I Was born on January 30th, 1990 in Vancouver, Canada.
- I am half British and half American. My Dad was born in the UK and Mum was born in the USA.
- I have a scar on my forehead from running into a wall on my tenth birthday. The wound required 11 stitches. Later that day, I went to get my ears pierced.
- I suffer from agoraphobia; A crippling anxiety that makes it difficult for me to leave my house.
- I have a biological son that was born on March 17th, 2011. Due to many circumstances, I placed him for adoption. I love my son very much and see him regularly.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world right now, I would choose New Zealand.
- The first film that I ever saw in theatres was the original Lion King. I saw the movie with my Dad and my Uncle.
- I swear that I can remember my second birthday cake; It had yellow icing and Jellybeans on it.
- My favourite show right now is Flight of the Conchords, which is a New Zealand based comedy. I also love Murdoch Mysteries.
- I originally started blogging with a book blog called “Around the World in Books;” My plan was to read books from all over the globe. Since then, my blogging interests have expanded. As a result, “The Anxious Canadian” was born.
- I am a tea addict.
- While I have lived in Vancouver for most of my life, I did live in Calgary for about 11 years. I moved over there in Grade 3 but moved back to Vancouver in 2003.
- I have recently started Bullet Journaling (and loving it); However, my Bullet Journal isn’t nearly as artistic as some of the ones out there.
- In grade 11, I hit my head on a desk and cracked my head open, My entire math class witnessed the incident.
- I currently have three dogs that are named Jake, Kira, and Jordan. Jake is a purebred Lab, while Kira and Jordan are both rescues.
- I was 19 years old when I had my first boyfriend.
- My favourite Harry Potter book (and film) was The Goblet of Fire;.
- “The Hunt for the Wilderpeople” was the last film that I watched.
- I am always self-conscious about my writing when I blog. I have a voice inside my head that constantly tells me that my posts are rubbish.
- Apparently, I got lost in a museum during a class trip once. I do not recall this event. However, my friend, Jocelyn, loves telling the story.
- During the weekend, I get great joy from standing on the patio and watching the birds.
- Shortly after graduating, I lost a high school friend to suicide. The funeral was the most traumatic experience that I have had to date.
- “Love Actually” will always be my favourite Christmas film (no matter how many people trash it).
- My room is never particularly organized.
- My favourite blogging outfit is my pyjamas; I like being cosy.