Disclaimer: Please note that I received complimentary product from Easy. in exchange for this post. However, all opinions expressed are my own. For more information on sponsored posts, please check out my policy page.
It is common knowledge among women that THAT time of the month is a rubbish time. I mean, no one looks forward to their visit from Aunt Flo; between the cramps and the other physical symptoms, periods are just rough. Fortunately, there are numerous things that can be done to reduce the suffering. Here is “The Ultimate Period Survival Guide.”
- Keep a healthy stock of tampons/pads at all times – Making emergency runs to the store is a hassle, especially when you aren’t feeling your best. So, be sure to keep a good supply of tampons or pads on hand for when you need them. Fortunately, Easy. makes the whole process, well, easy by delivering a monthly supply to your door; you just need to specify what you need by logging into your online account.
- Stock up on the chocolate – For myself and many other women, chocolate is essential for surviving the dreaded period. Fortunately, the Easy box has got your back there; providing a chocolate bar from the Canadian-owned shop, Soul Chocolate.
- Wear Loose Clothing – Nothing is more uncomfortable than wearing constricting clothing when you are already miserable and crampy. So, instead, opt for more flowy clothing, such as sweatpants and a loose top.
- Netflix and Cozy– Goodness knows how many of us females spend at least one day of our period binge watching our favourite Netflix shows in our pajamas. I have a habit of doing my ‘netflixing’ on day one of my period when I’m feeling my worst.
- Invest in a heating pad – Repeat after me, when it comes to cramps, heating pads are your best friends. I’ve had my Sunbeam for years now, and I couldn’t live without it. If a heating pad is unavailable, pets make a lovable alternative.
- Be sure to take in the fresh air – Last but not least, my final tip for this survival guide is to take in the fresh air. Going outside, especially when it is sunny, is a natural mood booster that will likely help get rid of your period blues.
I bet you are now wondering what the deal with Easy is, right?
Well, here’s what you need to know …
Inspired by the idea to have tampons delivered the door, Alyssa Bertram (Easy’s founder) decided to create Canada’s first tampon subscription.
The Easy Box is a service that was designed to provide easier access to 100% cotton menstrual products that are chemical-free; unlike many of the popular brands that are currently available.
If that wasn’t enough, with each subscription, Easy donates 5% of the profits to the ZanaAfrica Foundation which provides pads and health education to Kenyan girls.
Ultimately, It’s Easy’s core belief that ‘period shame’ needs to be challenged worldwide, so that we, as a society, can promote better feminine health; including organic hygiene products.
The Easy. Period Giveaway
Alyssa was kind enough to let me give away a one-month Easy trial to one Canadian resident. The trial box includes two boxes of 100% cotton menstrual products, one Soul chocolate bar, and a quote card by Danielle Laporte. So, check out the rafflecopter form below to see how you can enter to win.
In the meantime, head to the comments and tell me about your period staples; what helps you survive?