Seeing that summer is almost at its end, I strongly suspect that more than a few of my readers will soon be heading out on holidays. So, I thought that for this occasion, I would share some of my tips for a more enjoyable road trip.
- Get a good night sleep the night before – This one is obvious, A road trip is always more pleasant when you are well-rested.
- Wear loose/comfortable clothing – Nothing makes a long trip more uncomfortable than wearing restrictive clothing. Personally, I prefer to wear articles of clothing that are comfortable which allow my body to breathe while I am in the vehicle.
- Keep hydrated – I likely sound like everyone’s mom when I say this. However, bringing lots of water and staying hydrated is important when you are on the road, especially if it is a hot summer’s day.
- Bring a pillow – Car seats can become uncomfortable after hours of travel. So, to combat a sore back, I recommend bringing along a pillow to lean on.
- Laptop / Car Power Inverter – This was a trick that I learned on my last road trip to Fernie. When plugged into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter, a power inverter can be used to charge your laptop (or other electronic devices). With the ability to charge your laptop, you can relax with a movie … or even work on offline blog work.
- Noise canceling headphones – Whether you are watching movies, or listening to music, I recommend taking a pair of noise canceling headphones with you; these may not be the cheapest items in the world. However, the fact that they allow you to tune out the outside world makes them well worth the cost.
So, there you have it, six tips that I have found effective for making a road trip great. I hope that all of my readers have a happy and safe summer full of adventures.
Note: These tips are intended for those in the passenger/back seats only. If you are the driver, you should be aware and alert at all times.