When I am not blogging or binging on Netflix, I am somewhat of a video game nerd. Between my gaming platforms, I have accumulated several games. So, I thought that I would share my all time favourite games for the Nintendo 3DS.
My Favourite Games for the Nintendo 3DS
- Animal Crossing New Leaf – Animal Crossing has always been a favourite Nintendo series of mine. The gentle, sleepy nature of the game combined with its soundtrack, is a great break from reality when I am feeling too anxious. I love that in New Leaf, Nintendo has made you the mayor and added the customization factor with the public works projects; It is fun designing your city how you want it. The 3DS is worth buying for this game alone, especially after the Welcome Amiibo update. I have become addicted to collecting the Amiibo cards (judge me).
- Disney Magical World (1&2) – Disney Magical World is a game that includes a bit of everything – farming, restaurant ownership, and basic combat. In this game, it is your task to defeat the ghosts that have taken over each of the character’s worlds. However, when you aren’t busy ghostbusting, your character can take up farming or choose to complete some of the cafe requests. Personally, I love crafting the adorable Disney-themed outfits and furniture. Even after the main story is done, there are hours of play in these two games.
- Fantasy Life – Fantasy life is almost identical to the Disney Magic World games. Although, obviously, there is no Disney involved. Also, in Fantasy Life, you cycle through different “lives” that you have to master. These lives include Cook, Carpenter, Miner, Blacksmith, Tailor, Angler, Alchemist, Hunter, Magician, Mercenary, Paladin, and Woodcutter. Currently, I have over one hundred hours logged into the game.
- The Legend of Zelda – I mean, who doesn’t like these game. The Zelda games have long been a Nintendo classic. My family and I have been playing these games for as long as I can remember. So, sentimentality definitely plays a factor in my love for the Zelda 3DS games.
- Pokemon Sun – Honestly, I think that Pokemon Sun is the best Pokemon installment to date… If you are patient to wait out the incredibly long tutorial. I felt that the story was interesting and included a brilliant new setting which is more of an open world them than the past game. However, for older fans, the game may take a bit to adjust to as GameFreak has removed the Gyms and HMs. Although, to be fair, the removal of the HMS means that you’re no longer forced to carry a specific Pokemon to use its move. During the Christmas holidays, I spent entirely too much time playing the game and roaming the islands of Alola.
Games that are on my Wishlist
- Rune Factory 4
- Story of Seasons Trio of Towns
- Mario Sports Superstars
- Yo-Kai Watch 2
- Bravely Default
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
- Poochy and Yoshi’s Woolly World
Do any of you play (or own a 3DS)? If so, let me know in the comments what some of your favourite games are. Also, if you want to keep updated on my blog, you can subscribe to The Anxious Canadian by email or sign up for my brand new newsletter in the sidebar.