Is it just me, or does anyone else find that their minds go into overdrive at night?
It seems that as soon as I attempt to go to bed, my mind starts drawing worst possible scenarios. **Spoiler Alert: The theme of Death appears in many of these situations.**
Sh*t I Think About At Night
- “What if my blog is crap and no one likes my posts.”
- “What if I have some terrible form of cancer that I don’t know about.”
- “I am 27 and agoraphobia has wasted years of my life. What if I run out of time to get married and have a family?”
- “What if my dog dies while I’m asleep and I wake up to a dead dog on my floor.”
- “What do I do if my parents die. I’m not ready to lose my family yet?”
- “Why do I have to have anxiety? Why couldn’t I have a functional brain?”
- “I’m a failure compared to the kids I graduated with. What have I actually done with my life?”
- “What will it feel like to die?”
- “Ugh, I need to organize my room, it’s bothering me”
- *Thinks about a random thing that I did five years ago and mentally facepalming myself*
- “If I shut my eyes now, I’ll have “X” number of hours to sleep until I have to wake up.”
- *Thinks about something that I did yesterday*
- “Why aren’t I asleep?”
- “Darn! I forgot to record the latest Doctor Who Episode.”
- “What is the quickest way to escape if a murderer entered the house.”
- *Starts humming the Poi E song from the film Boy* Generally, by this point, I have accepted that I will be getting a minimal amount sleep.
So, now you have some insight on the crazy, irrational, and occasionally silly nighttime thoughts I have; no thanks to my anxiety.
What do you think about at night? Or are you one of the lucky ones that can go to sleep right away? Either way, leave me a note in the comments to tell me about it.